“360 Degree Feedback is a system or process in which employees receive confidential, anonymous feedback from the people who work around them. This typically includes the employee’s manager, peers, and direct reports.”
Feedback is critical to the success of an indoor cycling program or studio. Collecting feedback from class participants can be done using online tools such as SurveyMonkey. Surveys can be targeted to focus on instructor performance, studio performance or other areas where improvement is needed. Results should be collected anonymously. Additionally, when using surveys, ensure that you obtain as many results as possible over a specific period of time (such as 3, 6, or 9 month intervals).
Below is a sample survey, comprised of 12 steps in which data is collected.
- Did the instructor greet you? Make you feel welcome?
2. Did the instructor help you set up your bike?
- Not needed
3. Overall, how challenging was the class?
- Very challenging
- Somewhat challenging
- Not challenging
4. How would you describe the mood or energy the instructor brought to class?
- Upbeat, high energy
- Flat and uninspired
- Over the top, frenzied
5. Did the instructor keep you motivated during the class?
- Room for improvement
6. Overall, how satisfied are you with this instructor?
- Very satisfied
- Somewhat satisfied
- Not satisfied
7. Are you likely to recommend this instructor’s class to a friend?
8. How was the music?
- Loved it
- It was OK
- Hated it
9. Please tell us about this instructor’s strengths:
10. Please tell us what this instructor can improve upon:
11. Any additional suggestions or comments about your experience are greatly appreciated:
12. Your email address (optional):